Since the fireside chats I organized for AnDevCon earlier this year were a roaring success, we are doing it again with some other interesting topics and bigger, better venue and support. If you are going to be at AnDevCon II, this is a must-be-there event. And even if you are not a full paying conference attendee you will be able to get in for free! Better find out more details so read on..
Last time we talked about Android community leadership and then about Android development tools to get more practical. This time we are going to be even more into practical aspects and talk about
- Application publishing in markets and stores around the world
- What are the pitfalls when distributing applications to multiple markets? Which market is used in which country? Are there any legal problems? Can you get apps into carrier specific stores? Come to this chat to exchange experiences on getting applications spread across the globe and share tips and tricks on how to deal with technical problems.
- Android tablet application developlemt and
- Are you fighting the Android compatibility library? Or create workaround for bugs in Android 3.0? Come to this discussion to share your pain points, swap experiences, and maybe even provide some valuable feedback to makers of the tools and platform. Come and tell us what drives you as a designer or developer mad!
Both chats will be an open discussion hosted by myself and you will be able to share your experience, questions and concerns with some seasoned pro’s that know about the topics at hand from their own real world experience. We might even have representatives of different tablet manufacturers at hand. Or others working at some of the top application stores might be there as well and you can connect right then and there.
We will be able to share tips and tricks and network in a casual atmosphere after a long day at the conference. And if you are willing to come and are especially experienced with tablet development or application deployment around the world or you are working for a vendor or marketplace and have some insights to share, please let us know that you will attend (email Katie or myself). So far these people have agreed to attend:
- Manfred Moser, Android application developer, consultant, author, speaker, open source nut
- Donn Felker, speaker, among others author of Android Tablet Application Development for Dummies
- Michael Burton, Groupon software engineer, RoboGuice founder
- Suzanne Alexandra, Android Technology Evangelist at Motorola Mobility and tablet specialist
- Michael Leahy, speaker about game development at AnDevCon and others
- Jake Wharton, author of ActionBarSherlock
- Tim Mackenzie, Android developer, researcher, and author
- Zi Yong Chua, CEO of Stream Media and MoVend, with experience of 20+ stores across Asia
If you want to attend it would be best to get a free exhibit only pass by registering now or otherwise register for the full conference with the discount code MOSER.
I hope to see you there
Update: I added a list of people that have agreed to attend and will add to it whenever confirmations come in.
Update: Added link to registration.